Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hogs Haven asks Rule Of Tree (Read 938 times)
chenyan944
YaBB Junior Member

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Hogs Haven asks Rule Of Tree
09/02/19 at 02:19:30
Print Post  
about the Redskins new RB" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteHogs Havena Washington Redskins communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsRedskinsMastheadOddsShopCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Looks Like Someone Has A Sixpack Of The MondaysDaily SlopRedskins RecapsEDTValuable Information Provided By Jack BlanchatShareTweetShareShareA Closer Look At Bryce Love With Rule Of TreePhoto by Cameron Spencer/Getty ImagesGabe Ward: Anyone who follows college football knows Bryce Love because of his spectacular junior season where he rushed for over 2 Stacy McGee Jersey ,000 yards. I was wondering if you could give us a little background on him? How did Stanford end up with both Christian McCaffrey and Bryce Love on their roster and who do you think is the better running back prospect?Jack Blanchat: Love came to Stanford from North Carolina, and was used early on as a speedy complement to McCaffrey, who was the total package, do-it-all, every-down guy. He ran package plays and caught passes, but mostly existed to give McCaffrey an occasional break. As a sophomore, he did some fill-in duty for a banged-up Caff, and performed really well, rushing for 129 yards and a score in a big road win against Notre Dame. Once McCaffrey left, everybody knew Bryce was a good player who was very fast... but we didn’t have any idea just how good he was, leaving everybody shocked when he absolutely dominated as a junior (I’ll address his injury-marred senior year further along in the interview.) I honestly think McCaffrey is a better NFL prospect - and I think he’s proven that he’s an extremely valuable player in his two years in the league - but that’s not a knock on Love at all.Gabe Ward: When the Redskins selected Love in the 4th round, I think the initial reaction on the Hogs Haven site was split. Some who were familiar with him thought he was a great value despite his injury (Head Coach Jay Gruden said Love was too good to pass up at that point). Others looked at his stats this past season and his injury and were convinced that he would be available much later in the draft, and that that 4th round pick would have beeb better spent elsewhere. Can you tell us if, when healthy, Love is a dynamic running back and what you think he can be capable of in the NFL?Jack Blanchat: Love is absolutely dynamic enough to play in the NFL, assuming he returns to full strength. Obviously, his path to being a starter is probably not an easy one in Washington, but I do think he can provide some value as a change-of-pace back at this moment. I think he could definitely be a starter, but might be limited as a two-down backup kind of player for the early part of his career.Gabe Ward: Unfortunately, just about all the Redskins running backs (Adrian Peterson, Derrius Guice, Chris Thompson, and now Bryce Love) have one thing in common: an ACL injury. Could you tell us about some of the injuries Love had to overcome this year? How much did those limit his play? Was there a bigger issue that might explain his production (blocking, play calling, being behind in games etc)? Jack Blanchat: Love had a nagging ankle injury during his dynamite 2,000 yard junior season, where the ankle would get stiff, he would come off the field, then return a few plays later (usually to break off a 50+ yard touchdown run). His senior year started out fine, but then he re-injured the same ankle; then it became apparent that his legs and feet were bothering him, too, much later in the season. We didn’t know about the ACL injury until after the season, but it was obvious that it hurt his production. Stanford also had its worst season by an offensive line in about a decade, so that hurt as well, and I don’t know that the play-calling was super helpful to try and get a gimpy Love his best looks. So there were a lot of factors at play in the statistically disappointing senior year. Gabe Ward: Love’s detractors will point to his receiving numbers and say ‘he can’t catch’.Is this true, or is there more at play here as to why he wasn’t more of a receiving threat (perhaps compared to his predecessor) at Stanford?Jack Blanchat: It’s not that he can’t catch, but it was also never his strong suit at Stanford. That said, they didn’t exactly ask him to catch a lot of passes. Basically, he was so effective between the tackles that it kind of seemed ridiculous to throw it to him - split him out wide and everybody knew it was a wrinkle that was obvious (I will also mention that I think him catching passes was part of the gameplan for his senior year, but then he sustained too many injuries). Another element is that he isn’t a great pass blocking back, so Stanford would take him off the field in some situations where they might check out of a run to a pass, or vice versa (Stanford doesn’t really

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint