Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Care home residents win right to always have one v (Read 485 times)
gmong
YaBB Full Member

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Care home residents win right to always have one v
04/01/22 at 04:26:32
Print Post  
Care home residents win right to always have one visitor

People living in care homes have secured the right to have visits from a loved one - even in a Covid outbreak.

Play anywhere, anytime. Online SLOTXO mobile phone Online Slots mobile phone Our website offers a lot of slot games.

Some families still do not have regular contact with their relatives in care homes more than two years after the start of the pandemic.

This will now change after the Scottish government put the proposed "Anne's law" into national standards.

Residents will now be allowed a named visitor into the care home even when restrictions are in place.

These changes should mean the law is put into effect while the legislation is being prepared.

Anne's law is named after Anne Duke whose family campaigned for better visiting rights during the pandemic.

Anne was cut off from her family while battling early-onset dementia and at points in the pandemic, Anne did not see anyone from her family for months.

She died in November 2021, aged 63.

Her daughter Natasha Hamilton said: "This is a legacy for everybody who will be going into care, who is still in care and who sadly isn't with us any more.

"This is something we want to put in place to remember everything we have gone through the past two years and the fight that we have had to bring this to the forefront."

When she launched the Anne's law campaign, Natasha said: "I find it absolutely awful thinking what is going through her head just now - that those faces she used to know, visiting her all the time, are no longer there. That part hurts me more than me not being able to see my mum.

"We have to learn from this so that care home residents are not kept apart from their families for almost a year again. Residents in care homes have to be living, not just existing."

IP Logged

eliza1
YaBB Junior Member

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Re: Care home residents win right to always have one v
Reply #1 - 11/03/22 at 15:54:45
Print Post  
Elder home care can be a great choice for seniors healthy enough to stay in their homes, but in need of some extra assistance with day to day tasks. Choosing the right home care service can be challenging, here are some guidelines. elder care pittsburgh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint