Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Three Things To Keep In Mind When Thinking (Read 474 times)
miniming111
YaBB Full Member

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Three Things To Keep In Mind When Thinking
05/02/21 at 08:20:48
Print Post  
Three Things To Keep In Mind When Thinking About Whiteness In America

Last summer, after former Minnesota police officer Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd, the country erupted, and a laser-sharp focus was directed toward DEI efforts and discussions about anti-Blackness and structural racism in America. Although many of these efforts and conversations were sparked by good intentions, experts in DEI have noticed a continued resistance among some whites when openly discussing whiteness in America. Some argue that the opposition behind talking about whiteness is partially rooted in a lack of understanding and knowledge among American whites. Here are three critical facts on whiteness to keep in mind when thinking about what whiteness is and what it is not.

1.     Whiteness does not refer to white people. 

Although it might seem condescending to make this distinction, DEI experts have shared experiences with whites conflating discussions about whiteness as an attack against all white people. Conflating the two as synonymous can further trigger defensiveness when discussing whiteness in America and is not helpful in the expansion of knowledge and in developing allies in the fight against racism. According to whiteness scholars, whiteness refers to the construction of the white race, white culture, and the system of privileges and advantages given to white people in the U.S. through government policies.

2.     Whiteness has existed since the country’s inception, but its history is not precisely known.

Historians who study race and ethnic history in America argue that whiteness has a history of multiplicity, and its construction has changed over time to accommodate the demands of social change. As the country has become increasingly more diverse, whiteness has shifted and continuously remade to counter efforts toward racial equity and to ultimately maintain power, privilege, and access to resources such as land ownership, wealth, healthcare access, advanced educational and employment opportunities, and government representation.

Read More : pg slot

IP Logged

geometry dash
YaBB Newbie

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Re: Three Things To Keep In Mind When Thinking
Reply #1 - 05/04/21 at 04:25:22
Print Post  
I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. Resurge Supplement
geometry dash

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint