Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Resume builder as Europass CV (Read 834 times)
William0381
YaBB Senior Member

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Resume builder as Europass CV
04/26/21 at 22:19:28
Print Post  
Good evening. Any ideas on how to get a job in Riga for a foreigner student? Somehow I was thinking that it’s easier as it is Europe. I have send my resume builder to many places, even for a dishwasher vacancies but I still didn’t get any response. After 1 month I am heading to Riga for studies but I know that I’m gonna need some job as I need to pay for the studies and the living expenses. I wouldn’t like to work as a dishwasher but even on those vacancies they didn’t respond. Is it really so bad situation because of the Covid?? Any other foreigner students here? Where are you guys, working? Is the Latvian language obligatory to get a job? I tried to learn something but it is such a hard language! But I am ready to learn that also cause I saw on the internet that Latvia is very beautiful - such a long seaside line, many woods but no mountains.. The highest is 312 m above the sea level. Cheesy I chose to study there as it is a bit cheaper than any other European country.
« Last Edit: 04/27/21 at 11:07:28 by William0381 »  

IP Logged

Kriss112
YaBB Full Member

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Re: Resume builder as Europass CV
Reply #1 - 04/26/21 at 22:26:44
Print Post  
No, it is not very easy for a foreigner to get a job in Latvia. Latvians are trying their best to protect their language as they have become few in their own country - approx 2 million inhabitants of which not everyone speaks Latvian language. According to the past when there was a Soviet Union many Russians were living here. They loved to live here so much that they stayed even after the Iron Curtain fell off. But many of them haven’t learn Latvian language still now. I am telling You this because it might affect you as well. Latvians can behave very protective if you don’t speak their tongue. But you will see many warm smiles if you will try to say something in Latvian with your own accent. They will appreciate that a lot. So I really suggest you to learn at least the main words and phrases.

IP Logged

William0381
YaBB Senior Member

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Reply #2 - 04/26/21 at 22:32:59
Print Post  
Maybe you're right. It really would not hurt to learn the language.

IP Logged

mircomm2
YaBB Newbie

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

Reply #3 - 04/28/21 at 05:18:01
Print Post  
Thanks for your sharing,That's pretty cool.
sports cars

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint