Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic With Day 2 of the Senior Bowl closed (Read 1550 times)
chenyan944
YaBB Junior Member

I Love YaBB 2.6.11!

With Day 2 of the Senior Bowl closed
10/11/19 at 02:25:31
Print Post  
to media Sammy Baugh Jersey , I wanted to share some thoughts on Senior Bowl prospects the Redskins should consider this year. Check out my full break down on the North Team and South Team’s practice reports for interest in some other prospects. Quarterbacks:Overall this is a good group of quarterbacks down here in Mobile this week. There are two potential first round picks in Drew Lock and Daniel Jones. Behind them there is a solid next tier of Will Grier, Ryan Finley, Jarrett Stidham and high upside project Tyree Jackson, who could all be 2nd-4th round picks. Of the top two options I have Lock ahead of Jones (though plenty of others have the reverse) as I think he has a higher upside. Lock throws with more anticipation and has the bigger arm. Both quarterbacks have functioning mobility, but Jones is probably more athletic and comes from a more “pro friendly” system. Neither quarterback has put up overall incredible numbers in college, but Lock did play versus a tougher SEC schedule which helps his case. Overall neither of these QBs are a perfect prospect and they would likely both fall behind many of the top quarterbacks we’ve seen taken in recent years. I think Lock has the higher upside with his arm talent, and would be the better option if the Redskins go for a QB in the first round.As for the next tier of guys I do think Grier and Finley both could potentially be starters down the road in the NFL, but neither are high upside guys. What is positive with them is they have better floors, and could add to the QB depth long term even if they aren’t a true franchise starter. Stidham and Jackson probably have more upside, but are further away. Wide Receivers:Not the deepest of receiver groups here, but there are some interesting names to watch. Andy Isabella and Deebo Samuel are two early round options that could intrigue the Redskins in the 2nd-3rd rd range. Isabella measured in at just under 5’9”, but he shouldn’t be only thought of as a slot receiver (though he likely will play there a lot). He has elite speed and deep ball ability and can play outside some as well. His speed and size compare closer to guys like T.Y. Hilton, Tyreek Hill, Taylor Gabriel, Marquise Goodwin, and Brandin Cooks who all have shown ability to play outside as well as dominate inside. While those are some big names to compare the UMass receiver too, he has shown the ability to put up big numbers versus Florida, Mississippi State and Georgia over the last three years. His speed and quickness were well on display at practice and he looks to be a sub 4.40 player at the combine. Deebo Samuel has some of the same skill set, but with a different body type. He can play inside and outside, with ability to challenge deep. He’s dealt with some injuries in college, but was healthy this past year and put up good numbers. He had a strong first day of practice and showed well as a route runner who could make plays once the ball was in his hands.As for some later options the Redskins could consider Keelan Doss as a bigger receiver with deep speed or Hunter Renfrow as another slot option to replace Jamison Crowder. Doss is an intriguing prospect as he has some real vertical speed. He’s not as smooth out of his breaks, but he’s got some upside with his size and speed. Renfrow is a slot only guy Earnest Byner Jersey , who always finds a way to get open despite being undersized (even relative to the position). I think Trey Quinn offers more upside than Renfrow, but the Redskins might want a true 2nd option if Crowder walks in free agency.EDGE Rushers:Montez Sweat is clearly the top EDGE rusher here on either squad and would be in consideration for the Redskins first round pick. Sweat has length and power combined with solid speed to win on the edge. He can stand-up, but is more ideal of a pass rusher with his hand in the dirt, though that shouldn’t be an issue as the Redskins were in nickel about 70% of the time last year. Sweat really broke out this past year and has a great body type that gives him natural power. He could be a great option to replace Preston Smith and give the Redskins an EDGE rusher to build their defense around going forward as Kerrigan may begin to decline. Outside of Sweat the other most interesting options for the Redskins are Jaylon Ferguson and Oshane Ximines who both could go in the 2nd-4th round range. Both put up massive numbers in college and have good speed/burst off the edge with good long frames. They aren’t as technically sound as some other EDGE rushers in this class, which is why they are more likely day 2 options versus sneaking in Day 1. Both have long term starting upside and as they get more refined have the potential to be 10+ sack/ high pressure guys off the edge. I will look at some other positions later, but wanted to post some thought

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint