Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic game in the world (Read 1714 times)
vv1122365555
Ex Member

game in the world
01/11/19 at 01:25:29
Print Post  
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Quincy Amarikwa scored in the 3rd minute and Sean Johnson saved a penalty kick in the 86th to seal the Chicago Fires 1-0 win over the New England Revolution on Saturday. Johnson dove to the right and got his right hand on Chris Tierneys low left-footed PK. The block sent the ball into the air, off the post and rested on the goal line before Johnson secured it. Johnsons big stop helped the Fire (3-4-10) stop a six-game winless streak. It was the fifth consecutive MLS loss for New England (7-8-2). Amarikwas goal was Chicagos quickest score of the season. He won a long ball from Mike Magee and chipped home a shot past Revolution goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth. The Revolution played without leading scorer Lee Nguyen after he was suspended for one game for endangering the safety of an opponent. Linval Joseph Jersey . Bale has had a successful debut season in Spain, and Ancelotti appears ready to reward him with a starting role on Saturday. Ancelotti says "Gareth had some problems at the beginning (of the season) but when he found good physical condition he scored a lot of goals, he had a good impact on the team. Mike Hughes Jersey . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points, nine rebounds and six steals to lead the Sacramento Kings to their third straight preseason win, a 107-90 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night. http://www.officialminnesotavikingsfootball.com/authentic-jarius-wright-jersey-w... . Pearce had a career-high four hits and drove in two runs, and Wei-Yin Chen shut down Texas again as the Orioles completed a four-game sweep of the Rangers with a 5-2 victory on Thursday night. Pat Elflein Jersey . Zdeno Chara scored with 13 seconds left in regulation after David Krejci tied it late, lifting the Bruins to a 3-2 win over Pittsburgh on Saturday night in a game that saw Orpik taken from the ice on a stretcher. Andrew Sendejo Jersey . He just didnt expect them to be this good. Darrun Hilliard scored 19 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to a dominating 77-59 victory over Georgetown on Saturday, preserving the Wildcats hopes of a No.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, Its taken me a while to get up the guts to write you - when you were reffing, I didnt have very kind things to say about you. After religiously reading your column I have to admit I was quite wrong. Your knowledge of the game and the concise way you explain issues shows me you really knew what you were doing out there, officiating the most difficult game in the world to officiate. My question - the world has seen the goal scored by Phoenixs Mike Smith, where the puck went over his head, lodged on his jersey/in his pants, and then he backed into the net.  Im curious as to why the whistle was not immediately blown when this happened.  While from some angles, the puck IS visible, I would have to argue that it wasnt really playable - without potential injury to the goaltender.  A Buffalo forwards stick to his back while dangerous, would also have resulted in immediate retribuition from his teammates. Ive seen similar issues where a puck inadvertently goes in a skaters jersey or glove, and play stopped immediately.  While Im definitely not a Mike Smith fan, I think Phoenix got jobbed on that call. Whats your view? Thanks - and keep up the good work.  And my apologies for all the bad comments while you were working the game! Mark McBrideSpringfield, IL Mark: Thank you for the "courage" it might have taken you to send me this terrific question. The respect that you extended to me is the best New Years gift I could have ever hoped for. Wayne Gretzky wrote in the foreword of my book, The Final Call, "As any player does, I had a few run-ins with Kerry over those years. In fact, it was probably more than a few. I dont think he was always right, but I know I wasnt either. Players and refs often dont see things the same way in the middle of a game. But one thing Kerry always had from every player was respect."  Respect from the hockey community (players, management and fans) is the most that any Ref can hope to achieve. I thank you Mark for your offering here. The truth is I have a real problem with allowing a goal on this play once the puck became lodged and concealed in the sweater and pants of Phoenix goalkeeper Mike Smith well outside of his goal crease. Let me explain why.If we go strictly by the book, rule 85 provides some clear dir

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint