Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic plus Premier League (Read 516 times)
vv1122365555
Ex Member

plus Premier League
01/08/19 at 01:11:04
Print Post  
Jake Shorrocks will relive the moment he thought his world had come crashing down when he runs out for the Super League Grand Final on Saturday. The 20-year-old half-backs first close-up experience of Old Trafford was almost shattered by a prank by Wigan and England full-back Sam Tomkins.In 2010 I was a ball boy with my mate Nick Gregson, who has also played a few games for the first team, and I was stood in the tunnel while all the players walk past and Sam Tomkins knocked the ball out of my hands, Shorrocks recalled. It went rolling down the tunnel. I thought I was going to get shouted at. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Shorrocks survived the experience and, six years on, he will get the chance to run out onto the big stage as one of a host of youthful replacements for Wigans injured stars, Tomkins among them, as the Warriors take on Warrington in the title decider.Shorrocks has witnessed all nine previous Grand Finals featuring his home-town club but he was watching in a knee brace 12 months ago after suffering a cruel injury blow playing for the academy.I had a partial tear in my ACL and also did my meniscus so I did a full job, he said. When I got told how serious it was, I was absolutely devastated. But it stood me in good stead. Phil Clarke previews Saturdays Grand Final Tomkins was at the youngsters side throughout his lengthy rehabilitation as he recovered from a similar injury and the pair eventually became team-mates.Shorrocks made his Super League debut at Widnes in May as a replacement for stand-off George Williams and, after playing in 11 of Wigans last 13 matches of the season, providing back-up for hooker Sam Powell, has forced his way into coach Shaun Wanes team for Old Trafford. I only made my debut in May and, if someone had told me Id be playing in the Grand Final at the end of the year, Id have snatched their hands off, he said.My main aim at the start of the year was to get myself fit and hopefully make my debut and play a few games. I didnt expect to be up for selection for the Grand Final.Im coming off the bench and playing okay at the moment. Waney is happy to put me there and Im happy to play there. Ive only ever played hooker at Super League level, not even academy or reserve grade, but Shauns helped me out a lot and so too has Sam Powell. Grand Final: Key battles We look at three key battles of the Grand Final between Warrington and Wigan, live on Sky Sports Shorrocks is confident he will hold himself together for the biggest match of his fledgling career but he is not so sure about the rest of his family.It will be a proud moment for myself and my family, he said. Theyre all massive Wigan fans. Hopefully my grandad doesnt cry.You can watch the Super League Grand Final, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Clarke: Its B-Y-E Stevo! Grand Final: Key battles VOTE: Stevos top Super League player WATCH: Baz and Tezs big hits Air Jordan 3 Canada Sale . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins (5) – He was locked in all night, made huge stops on Benoit Pouliot, Raphael Diaz, Ryan Mcdonagh, Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash (twice) but none better than the three saves on Mats Zuccarello. Air Jordan 3 Cheap Canada .While Rosberg is coming off a strong victory at the Brazilian Grand Prix, Hamilton is dwelling on a mistake that ended his streak of five consecutive wins and kept him from increasing his advantage. http://www.airjordan3canada.com/ .ca contributor Grant McCagg provides a look at some risers and fallers on the prospect watch. Wholesale Air Jordan 3 Canada . - Connor Brown and Dane Fox both scored in regulation and in the shootout, as the Erie Otters extended their win streak to 10 games by defeating the London Knights 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Air Jordan 3 Canada Online . PETERSBURG, Florida – Its been almost seven years since the Blue Jays last won a series at Tropicana Field.2. If, at the start of the NBA playoffs, you picked Kawhi Leonard to be the MVP of the Finals, could you please produce a witness or some other form of proof?3. Its pretty hard to avoid asking it like this, so here goes: Didnt it do your heart good to see Erik Compton qualify for the Masters with his runner-up finish at the U-S Open?4. Already charged with killing three men, Aaron Hernandez is also charged with threatening to kill a jail guard and his family and with assaulting a handcuffed inmate. Of course, we presume Hernandez is innocent until proven guilty, but what are the chances hes innocent on all counts?5. I say this every time a new team picks a nickname that doesnt seem to fit

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint