Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic in front of your face. (Read 526 times)
vv1122365555
Ex Member

in front of your face.
01/08/19 at 00:55:24
Print Post  
MIAMI -- Julio Teherans low ERA rose a smidgen, which was OK because his modest batting average rose a lot. Teheran pitched 7 1-3 innings and had two hits Friday night to help the Atlanta Braves move a game ahead of Miami atop the NL East by beating the Marlins 3-2. The right-hander doubled to lead off the seventh, and the Braves went on to score twice in the inning to take the lead. "I felt I had to start a rally, and just tried to put the ball in play," Teheran said. "I think that was the biggest play of the game." The Braves trailed 2-0 in the sixth inning but rallied to break a four-game losing streak. "I know weve been losing," Teheran (5-3) said. "Its nice to do my job and help the team." Teheran allowed five hits and two runs, which raised his ERA to 1.83. He came into the game 2 for 25 this season and hiked his batting average to .143. The right-hander improved to 4-0 in six career starts against the Marlins with an ERA of 2.50. "Hes a stud," teammate Chris Johnson said. "He earned this one. He had our backs, and we got him just enough." Three relievers combined to complete a five-hitter. Craig Kimbrel, who took the loss Thursday at Boston, pitched a perfect ninth for his 14th save in 16 chances. The Braves won for only the third time in their past 13 road games. They totalled just eight hits but had several lineouts. "We hit the ball harder than any other game this year," manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "We were hitting rockets right at people all night long. The score wasnt indicative of how well we swung the bat." Giancarlo Stanton hit his NL-leading 16th home run in the first inning to put the Marlins up 2-0, but Tom Koehler (4-5) couldnt hold the lead. He gave up three runs in seven innings and was annoyed to allow four walks. "Its tough to win ballgames when youre giving a team extra opportunities," he said. The Marlins lost for only the second time in their past 13 games against NL East teams. Freddie Freeman went hitless and struck out three times. He is 0 for 28 with 12 strikeouts against Miami this year and is batting .347 against the rest of the majors. With the Braves trailing 2-1 to start the seventh, Gonzalez said it was a no-brainer to let Teheran hit, in part because the teams bullpen was stretched thin. Teheran rewarded the decision with an opposite-field double. Jason Heyward followed with a run-scoring triple, and B.J. Uptons sacrifice fly drove in an unearned run to put the Braves ahead. Johnson singled home Atlantas first run in the sixth. While the Braves liked the way Teheran hit, they were more impressed with the 23-year-olds pitching. "The more he goes out there, the more impressed I get -- his demeanour and how he goes about his business," Gonzalez said. "You watch him grow up in front of your face." Teherans only glaring mistake was a hanging slider to Stanton, whose homer was a typical tape-measure job. It cleared the hedge beyond the 418-foot sign in centre field, ending a streak of 15 consecutive scoreless innings for Teheran. He started a new streak the next inning. "He was throwing four or five different pitches and commanding them all," Miamis Ed Lucas said. "He does a really good job changing speeds, especially for somebody who is as young as he is. Hes got a really good feel for pitching." The Marlins, who began the night with the best home record in baseball, fell to 20-9 at Marlins Park. NOTES: Miami C Jarrod Saltalamacchia went 0 for 3 and is in a 1-for-18 slump. ... RHP Ervin Santana (4-2, 4.06) is scheduled to start Saturday for the Braves against Miami RHP Jacob Turner (1-2, 5.35). Cheap Air Max 270 Sale . -- Chris Crawford hit a 3-pointer with 1:36 left to put Memphis ahead to stay, and the 21st-ranked Tigers beat seventh-ranked Louisville 72-66 Saturday, sweeping the season series from the Cardinals. Wholesale Air Max 270 . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. http://www.airmax270shoescheap.com/ . Kalish got his first hit since Sept. 11, 2012, when he rapped an RBI triple in the first inning Sunday in the Chicago Cubs 8-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies. Air Max 270 Clearance . With nothing tangible at stake, the Raptors turned in their most impressive outing of the fall in their seventh and second to last exhibition tilt against their stiffest competition yet, but they lost a couple starters in the process. Air Max 270 Shoes Cheap . -- Chris Jones and Louisville have done a tremendous job protecting the basketball this season and thats led to easy victories. Let me take a selfie. #SportingKC pic.twitter.com/Uy0p6Ep21u — Sporting Kansas City (@SportingKC) July 6, 2014 One of the biggest summer relationships is that between the USMNT and the USA. This one is tough to call it. It could turn out to be just another f

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint