Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic injury Duhamel (Read 1008 times)
vv1122365555
Ex Member

injury Duhamel
01/04/19 at 01:37:04
Print Post  
SAINT JOHN, N.B. -- Canadian pairs skaters Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford went from elated to frustrated in the span of a few minutes. Uncharacteristically low technical marks dropped Duhamel and Radford to bronze, and left the Canadians puzzled about exactly what went wrong after a performance that brought the crowd to its feet. "Despite the mistakes, we did feel the energy in the building... We still gave a standing ovation performance," Radford said. "I think thats what well concentrate on, the potential of that program. I think the potential is huge, I think that its podium potential at the Olympics when we skate technically the way that we can, and hit our levels the way we normally do." Stefania Berton and Ondrej Hotarek won gold with 193.92 points, while Chinas Sui Wenjing and Han Cong claimed the silver (193.77). Paige Lawrence of Kennedy, Sask., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., were fourth. Skating to music from "Alice in Wonderland," Duhamel, in a purple dress, and Radford, clad in purple suit as the Mad Hatter -- minus the hat -- scored 190.62 points and had the Canadian fans on their feet cheering before the last few rotations of their final spin. A groan went up moments later after their marks were displayed, which included zero points for a bungled lift where Duhamel slipped down Radfords back before he barely had her up in the air. Radford, from Balmertown, Ont., believed a shoulder injury Duhamel suffered when she fell three weeks ago might have been partly to blame. "Through rehab we had to change the technique on the lift a little bit," Radford said. "Its hard to put your finger on it." Duhamel, a native of Lively, Ont., said the lift just "went up in a funny spot." "When its in the middle of the program toward the end and something goes up a little bit funny, it become a little bit more difficult to save something like that," she said. More worrisome than the lift is the fact the world bronze medallists had low marks on almost all of their elements. "Were a little bit confused right now, so thats what we need to look at," Duhamel said. "Were not used to getting a really high artistic score and a really low technical score, this is different for us." There was more disappointment on the Canadian team Saturday when Kaetlyn Osmond, a 17-year-old from Marystown, N.L., withdrew with a hamstring injury. Osmond was fifth in Fridays short program and then woke up Saturday with pain in her leg. She tried to practice but said it was painful even putting weight on the leg. Berton and Hotarek, meanwhile, claimed Italys first Grand Prix pairs gold. "We like to write history, what can I say? Just kidding," said Berton. "We worked a lot, and we not only worked on our technique, our elements, but we worked a lot on us as people and how to work together. "Last week in the U.S. at Skate America (where they were fifth) we had issues, I was upset, I was the most upset of the team between us and the coach... I think whats very good about today and yesterday is that none of us gave up, we all skated together, and we just decided to try and try again." Jameis Winston Jersey . TSN2 December 18 Knicks at Bulls 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 December 18 Thunder at Warriors 10:30pm et/7:30pt TSN2 December 21 Pacers at Timberwolves 7pm et/4pm pt. TSN2 December 23 Timberwolves at Cavaliers 7pm et/4pm pt TSN2 December 25 Wizards at Knicks 12pm et/9am pt TSN December 25 Thunder at Spurs 2:30pm et/11:30pt TSN December 25 Cavaliers at Heat 5pm et/2pm pt TSN December 25 Lakers at Bulls 8pm et/5pm pt TSN December 25 Warriors at Clippers 10:30pm et/7:30pt TSN NBA on TSN - January Date Game Time Network January 1 Kings at Timberwolves 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 January 3 Jazz at Timberwolves 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 January 5 Nuggets at Timberwolves 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 January 7 Rockets at Cavaliers 7pm et/4pm pt TSN January 7 Suns at Timberwolves 9:30pm et/6:30 pt. TSN January 9 Bulls at Wizards 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 January 9 Cavaliers at Warriors 10:30pm et/7:30pt TSN2 January 13 Timberwolves at Pacers 7pm et/4pm pt TSN2 January 15 Thunder at Rockets 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 January 15 Cavaliers at Lakers 10:30pm et/7:30pt TSN2 January 16 Cavaliers at Clippers 10:30pm et/7:30pt TSN2 January 22 NBA All-Star Selection Show 7pm et/4pm pt TSN2 January 22 Spurs at Bulls 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 January 22 Nets at Clippers 10:30pm et/7:30pt TSN2 January 25 Heat at Bulls 1pm et/10am pt TSN January 25 Thunder at Cavaliers 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt TSN January 26 Timberwolves at Thunder 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 January 29 Nuggets at Grizzlies 8pm et/5pm pt TSN2 January 29 Bulls at Lakers 10:30pm et/7:30pt TSN2 NBA on TSN - February Date Game Time Network February 5 Clippers vs. DeSean Jackson Jersey .Lets go back to the Avs, who have become one of the funnest teams to watch in this

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint