Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic missed field goal late in the (Read 551 times)
vv1122365555
Ex Member

missed field goal late in the
01/03/19 at 01:50:56
Print Post  
OTTAWA (CIS) – Windsor quarterback Austin Kennedy, McMaster defensive back Scott Martin and Queens returner Giovanni Aprile are the first CIS football players of the week for the 2013 season. The regular schedule kicked off last Sunday in the OUA conference and is set to start this week in the RSEQ and Canada West. Action begins on Sept. 6 in the AUS. Kennedy, a fourth-year business student from Windsor, claims Week 1 honours on offence for the second year in a row. For the second straight season, the 5-foot-10, 205-pound pivot opened league play with six touchdown passes – tying the school record – and not a single interception to lead his troops to a dominating 78-11 home win against Waterloo, which set a new team mark for most points in a contest. The 2012 OUA all-star completed a remarkable 86 percent of his passes (24 of 28) for 335 yards and also racked up 108 yards and a major on the ground. Martin, a third-year kinesiology student from London, Ont., took home the weekly honour on defence thanks to a career-high 12 solo tackles in a convincing 51-24 home victory over Ottawa. The 5-foot-9, 185-pound junior, who amassed 15 tackles all season a year ago, also broke up two passes as the two-time conference champion Marauders tallied their 20 consecutive overall win against OUA opponents. Aprile, a fourth-year consecutive education student from Scarborough, Ont., was the choice on special teams following an outstanding all-around performance in a 52-1 road win over York. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound senior, who finished the contest with a whopping 349 all-purpose yards and four touchdowns, racked up 147 special team yards on only three returns, including a spectacular 115-yard major off a missed field goal late in the first half. Darius Leonard Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (4) – He had a strong game Sunday; was very good in tight with big saves on Crosby, Malkin and Neal in-crease. T.Y. Hilton Jersey . Jesus Navas bookended yet another huge home win for City by scoring after 14 seconds and again in second-half stoppage time, with Sergio Aguero also netting in each half to add to an own goal by Sandro and a brilliant strike by Alvaro Negredo. http://www.officialindianapoliscoltsfootball.com/authentic-peyton-manning-jersey... . Despite 11-1 records, theyre out and Big Ten winner Ohio State is into the national semifinals. Jabaal Sheard Jersey .C. - The Panthers will be without starting defensive tackle Star Lotulelei for Saturday nights NFC divisional playoff game against Seattle after undergoing surgery Wednesday to repair a broken bone in his foot. Pat McAfee Jersey .S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus. FIFPro, the international soccer players union, had pressed FIFA to avoid the earliest kickoffs in the hottest and most humid weather.ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Ndamukong Suh was back with his teammates at practice, and he was almost done talking to reporters when he made an odd reference to the beginning of his career with the Detroit Lions. Suh says he could have played elsewhere when he entered the league. The Lions took him with the second overall pick in the 2010 draft. "Probably a lot of you guys dont know, I could have gone elsewhere when I was drafted. I had that decision in my hands," Suh said. "I chose not to take it, because thats just the way I saw it." Suh was responding to a question about whether he wants to stay with Detroit long term -- his point was that his decision to play for the Lions in the first place was evidence of his commitment. But he did not elaborate much when asked how, exactly, he might have ended up elsewhere four years ago. "Theres many ways to do things," Suh said. "You can drop down in the draft, you can move up in the draft. People can come get you. Theres a lot of things that happen that you guys dont know. ... It is for sure my choice, but like I said, thats water under the bridge, Im here in Detroit. Im happy to be here in Detroit, and Im going to continue to play my heart out, as Ive always done." Suh is entering the last season of his contract, so his future with the Lions is unclear. He skipped the teams voluntary minicamp last month, but hes stayed away from voluntary workouts before in his career. He is taking part in organized team activities now, and was at practice Wednesday. The two-time All-Pro has always gotten himself physically ready to play. "This is the same tim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint