Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Knicks forward, (Read 508 times)
vv1122365555
Ex Member

Knicks forward,
01/03/19 at 01:24:41
Print Post  
SECAUCUS, N.J. -- Mark DeRosa joined MLB Network as a studio analyst Wednesday, one day after retiring as a major league player. DeRosas decision to retire was announced by the Blue Jays in a statement Tuesday, less than two weeks after Toronto exercised his $750,000 club option for next season. "While I still had the opportunity to return as a player, it became clear to me that the chance to begin a career at MLB Network was too good to pass up, and I am very excited to get started," DeRosa said in a statement from MLB Network. DeRosa was a guest analyst on MLB Network during the post-season in 2011 and this year. He will make his debut on MLB Tonight live from the winter meetings in Florida on Dec. 9, the network said. The 38-year-old infielder spent 16 seasons in the majors. He hit .235 in part-time duty last season, his only one in Toronto, with seven home runs and 36 RBIs in 204 at-bats. DeRosa finished his career with a .268 average, 100 home runs and 494 RBIs in 1,241 games with Atlanta, Texas, the Chicago Cubs, Cleveland, St. Louis, San Francisco, Washington and Toronto. He appeared in the playoffs six times. DeRosa grew up in New Jersey and attended the University of Pennsylvania. Shoes Discount Sale Online . Al Harrington, another former Knicks forward, scored 22 of his 24 points after halftime for the Nuggets, allowing them to withstand Anthonys attempt to rally the Knicks after his poor shooting had them behind until the final minutes of regulation. Anthony finished with 25 points and 10 rebounds, missing 20 of 30 shots in the Knicks sixth straight loss. Shoes Wholesale Online Store . Sam, who joined the Cowboys in early September, has spent the entire season on the practice roster. http://www.shoeswholesale.us/ .com) - There may be a debate in Philadelphia about who should be the starting quarterback of the Eagles. Cheap Clearance Shoes Online . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario. Wholesale Cheap Shoes China . The Raptors two leading scorers were never able to co-exist the way they hoped or the team had envisioned, but individually DeRozan was thriving, in the midst of a career season.SAN FRANCISCO - For more than a quarter-century Tim McCarver was as much a part of October baseball as champagne celebrations.On three networks, across four decades with four different play-by-play partners, McCarver was a near constant on the World Series soundtrack with his unique style as an analyst and familiar Tennessee twang.McCarver had been on the job for every World Series since 2000 before going on semiretirement after last years Fall Classic and being replaced in the Fox booth by Tom Verducci and Harold Reynolds. McCarver called 24 World Series overall, including all but two since 1989.But this October, McCarver is experiencing the Series just like millions of other viewers by watching back home in Florida instead of his usual spot in the broadcast booth.When youre working youre so immersed in your work that youre trying to put on a telecast or add to it without getting in the way of it and all the things that are involved in the business of baseball on television, McCarver said.On the other hand, you pick up part of your life as the viewing audience. I havent been able to do that for 35 years. Its kind of nice. I would imagine John Madden felt the same way his first year out. I dont know, he said.McCarver worked about 30 games locally this season calling St. Louis Cardinals games. But this is the first year he did no post-season games since 1984.The 73-year-old McCarver is still watching the games from his couch as an analyst, and complimented the broadcasts on Fox led by his old play-by-play partner, Joe Buck.In a brief phone conversation, he praised the way Kansas City dictates games with speed and defence, debated San Francisco manager Bruce Bochys decision not to start ace Madison Bumgarner on short rest in Game 4 and talked about how the dominance of the Royals bullpen changes the tenor of the game.But McCarver said his appreciation of the players rises when he doesnt have to call the games. He cited Lorenzo Cains outfield defence and Bumgarners tenacity, which reminds the former catcher of what he saw from St. Louis teammaate Bob Gibson.dddddddddddd had a chance to admire the players from a technical standpoint while doing the games, he said. Now the admiration soars because I have a chance to really analyze some of the things for myself and not necessarily for the viewing audience.A big leaguer for 21 seasons, McCarver made his World Series announcing debut in 1985 for ABC when he was a late replacement for Howard Cosell in

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint