Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Downtown Site - redevelopment (Read 4428 times)
Jon
YaBB Newbie

Downtown Site - redevelopment
04/24/03 at 16:46:23
Print Post  
All,

This is a message sent out by Lisa Rajan, Cllr Surrey Docks Ward.

Dear All,

Firstly, I hope you don't mind me contacting you in this way - I'm just trying to disseminate some community information about the Downtown site, where the Health Centre is situated (I know that many local residents are registered here and may therefore be interested).

As you may or may not know, there are plans to redevelop the site, though both proposals do include a new Health centre with either the same degree of, or more, healthcare provision. A public exhibition was held at the end of March, giving local residents an opportunity to voice their opinions about the two developers' schemes. As is the norm, information about the exhibition was only sent to homes within a 500m radius of the site. It has subsequently emerged that some residents and tenants associations outside of this zone were unaware of the exhibition, and were
disappointed that they couldn't give their evaluations of the proposals.

There will therefore be another opportunity for local residents to see the two schemes - at the first meeting of the Rotherhithe Community Council to be held on 7th May at the Watersports Centre on Rope St, Surrey Quays. Both schemes will be available for viewing at the meeting. I know that a number of you are in touch with neighbours, friends and other
residents on the peninsula, and was hoping you could help me spread the word about the Community Council meeting, so that as many people as possible have
the opportunity to comment on the Downtown proposals if they so desire.

I'd very much appreciate your help, and hope you do not mind me
contacting you in this way.

Best regards,
            Lisa Rajan
            Cllr, Surrey Docks ward

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbie

Re: Downtown Site - redevelopment
Reply #1 - 04/24/03 at 16:54:25
Print Post  
I should add that this message is cut from an e-mail I received and that it is not posted directly by Lisa Rajan.

I should also add that I am in no way connected with Lisa, I received the mail and thought that the info should be passed on to the BQ community.

Must Preview before posting...

Cheers
Jon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint